THE POSITIVE MESSAGE OF NEW AMERICAN ART AND LITERATURE

Saturday, March 6, 2010

How to Win

Writers need to realize that the congloms themselves, with all their resources, do little to promote the art. Because they lack imagination, it's possible to outdo them

One example: Philadelphia, one of the top four lit cities, has not one weekly radio or TV show, to my knowledge, devoted solely to writers and books. Even golf trumps that.

It's not just that you do it, but HOW you do it. It couldn't be a NPR snoozefest. I'd make such show part of a presentation of new literature. New art, look, packaging, tone, product, with emphasis on excitement and drama. Newness across the board.

1 comment:

Karl Wenclas said...

Re my ideas of selling to "street kids": What I intend to do is
1.) Yes, sell to young people. We have to capture that market.
2.) Put my products where the people are, rather than make people have to find them. There are ways to do this.
More on all this upcoming.