THE POSITIVE MESSAGE OF NEW AMERICAN ART AND LITERATURE

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Counter-Intuitive

THE MAN WITH A PLAN

I have a new plan 85% ready to go. The main thing I lack at the moment is capital. Also, of course, writers! The universe is telling me that the time isn’t yet ripe.

My plan is counter-intuitive to the thinking of 99.999% other writers. On the surface it’d appear insane. That’s the idea! Playing by the rules doesn’t work. No way. You have to destroy the rules, every rule. In our ultra-competitive society, it’s the only way to succeed.

At the same time, everything about my plan is completely logical, using a few immutable rules of promotion which haven’t been suspended because of the rise of social media. They only appear to have been suspended and superceded. The nature of making innovative art is being able to think clearly amid the noise of media, the “fog of war” of what everyone else is doing. This is nearly impossible today—but there lies the opportunity, because keeping one’s head leads to the path of being unique. The path out of the chaos and noise.

My plan will work by using  key promo tricks that to my knowledge haven’t been written down, but have been used time and again by American hustlers from Barnum to the Colonel; chief among them the creation of “walls” to manipulate buzz and interest in what you’re selling. It’s what I did only in small part with the Underground Literary Alliance. Next time I’ll eliminate what the ULA did wrong and multiply what it did right.

No comments: